- Languages: English
- Education: University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience: >5 years in relevant IT consultant firm, or pre-sales/post sales function
- Salary: Depending on skills, qualifications and experience
- Benefits: Normal company benefits
- Hours: Full time
- Starting: ASAP
- Location: Austin, TX
Work closely with Dell Business Manager to develop relationship with Dell from a technical perspective. Provide support to Dell sales for business opportunities, analyzing customer requirements, and provide consultative selling skills in complex technical environments. Establish working relationships with key Business Managers and IT Managers and staff in the customers’ organizations, assisting them to integrate Bright into their HPC environment as part of their evaluation of the product suite. Maintain a strong understanding of competitive products and industry/market trends. Take ownership for all technical aspects of the account relationship and management. Translate technical product features, attributes and implementations to meet customer business needs. Scope projects, describe project phases and do a high level implementation plan. A Systems Engineer for Bright Computing is a position requiring strong system infrastructure and domain/application knowledge as well as delivery skills.
- Work closely with Dell Product group to validate product prior to launch.
- Working with Dell internally to remove technical barriers to developing relationship.
- Providing training to Dell implementation engineers locally or remote.
- Create RFP/RFI responses which describe a solution to client business problems. This solution is a combination of products and services.
- Describe the solution and major project implementation phases to customer management in business terms.
- Conduct on-site and remote POC’s for Bright Cluster Manager.
- Discuss potential sales opportunities with Account Managers, and perform technical analysis and qualification of potential customer projects.
- Design and conduct Bright product presentations and demonstrations as well as question & answer discussions with the customer’s technical staff at increasing levels of complexity. Participate in a similar fashion in trade shows, seminars, and training events.
- Manage customer technical issues by working closely with Bright Support and Development team.
- Visit and keep necessary contact with prospects and customers - with or without the Account Manager, discuss current and new-release product features and uses, and up-sell Brights’s product suite
- Propose Bright’s Support Services and Consulting Services to customers who need assistance to resolve challenging problems and build solutions of demanding complexity. This includes generation of Project Plans (Schedules, Budgets, and Estimates) and Statements of Work (SOW).
- Provide product feedback from customers to Product Marketing and Product Management, and technical feedback to Support in aid of problem resolution and avoidance.
- Manage customer expectations so as to ensure maximum satisfaction with Bright’s products and services.
Required and Desirable Skills
- Understanding business and technical processes in target verticals; broad understanding of relevant applications; how these applications are used in the customer environment.
- Solid knowledge in Linux and Windows operating system.
- Good oral and writing communication skills.
- High level of project management and customer management skills.
- Exposure to product marketing, sales process and ability to identify sales opportunities
- Ability to probe, research, and learn independently; experienced in providing technical troubleshooting in first-line support situations, sometimes remotely from the customer. Confident in providing expertise in complex technical situations
- Good organizing capabilities and strong self-starter attributes.
- Excellent inter-personal, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to write clearly and meaningfully in response to e-mails and RFPs, or when submitting reports.
- Understanding of following areas will be considered an asset: Grid Computing, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Enterprise Data Center automation tools, Infrastructure architecture to support Enterprise Analytics applications, Hadoop/MapReduce
- US citizenship is required. Having federal security clearance will be a plus.
- Travel ~30% of time.
Bright Computing is a young but rapidly growing company. We require
people who are not only very skilled, but who are also flexible,
reliable, can take initiative, can deal with responsibility, and have
a "can do" mentality.
How to Apply
Email your resume with motivation to