According to a recent report from The Ticker Tape, provided by TD Ameritrade, deep learning not only has the potential to change the way technology is approached in a number of different markets, but it also presents a wide field of opportunities for investors. Here are the details.
- Deep learning presents an evolutionary driver in artificial intelligence, the report notes. It can be seen as a subset of machine learning, which is a subset of artificial intelligence.
- In deep learning, artificial neural networks are designed to mirror the function of the human brain. The result: an algorithm that is intelligent enough to devise solutions from the data it gathers with little to no human interaction.
- Some of the uses for deep learning include the ability to use "big data" to provide insights into customer needs and preferences, improved data and computing power, increased functionality in cloud computing, improved medical imaging, price forecasting in the energy market, increased functions for robotic systems, self-driving cars, and enhanced use of the data generated through IoT technology.
- A number of startups and well-known technology companies are currently racing to incorporate deep learning into their products and systems. Many of them are using open source development as a way to push their offerings to the forefront.
- The report also made note of a 2017 study from Persistence Market Research, which anticipates that the deep learning market will generate $72.1 billion by 2023 and will reach $261 billion by 2027.
- The acquisition of AI-based startups jumped from 22 companies acquired in 2013 to 115 in 2017, representing a 44 percent increase.
- Deep learning has the power to greatly increase the capabilities of existing technologies in a number of markets, and may even pave the way for new technologies, the report stated.
Are you looking to harness the technology of deep learning? Bright Computing can help. Contact us for more information.